Masai Mara Big Cats Photography Safaris
Is this African Wildlife Photography Safari for you?
- Participant of all level are welcome, right from absolute beginners to advanced photography professionals.
- We encourage participants to be interactive and ask lots of questions to improve their own photography.
- Only 3 participants in each vehicle so that there is enough space for photography.
- Every participant gets whole row of seat to shoot from both side of the vehicle.
- Maximum 8 participant in a group to ensure individual attention to each one of you.
- As much time possible will be spent in the field and increase chances of getting better pictures.
- Photography concepts and techniques will be shared in non-technical and easy to understand language.
- We aim to take quality photos of variety of wildlife(including reptiles, birds, herbivorous and carnivorous animals)
- Non-photographer but nature/ animal lover partner will enjoy observing animals in their natural habitat.
What would you learn in this photographic wildlife safari?
- Camera Setup for wildlife Photography
- Basic and Advanced Photographic concepts
- Aperture/Shutter speed and Manual Mode shooting
- Technical aspects of wildlife photography (Aperture/Shutter Speed/ISO/White Balance/Exposure Compensation/Metering Modes)
- Rules of composition and when/how to break them
- Wildlife Photography as Art
- Diversification of image portfolio
- When to underexpose/ When to overexpose? (18% Grey)
- Visual Storytelling
Post processing with Adobe Lightroom
- RAW file processing
- Noise Reduction, Sharpening, Spot removals
- Color Management
- Cropping as compositional tool
- Creating Panoramic Wildscapes
- Images for Social/Web sharing
- Dealing with underexposed/overexposed images.
- Storage Management
Why Masai Mara:
Masai Mara National Reserve is one of the finest wildlife destination for animal as well as bird lovers and photographers. There are Lions, Leopards, Cheetahs, Serval, Caracal, Hioppos, Rhinos, Elephants, Zebras, Wildebeests, Giraffes, Hyenas, Topis, Gazelles, Wild dogs, Macaques, Thompson Gazelle, Kudu, Crocodiles various reptiles. The birdlife in Masai Mara makes it a dream come true to for capturing images.
Photo Safari Itinerary:
Day 1 : We will be picked up from Nairobi and dropped to the 5 star Hotel in Nairobi. Next morning,
Day 2 : After an early breakfast, we will make our way to Masai Mara in a small chartered flight from Nairobi Wilson Airport. It takes about 45min by. We will reach our camp and settle in our respective tents. We will gather for lunch and a half an hour briefing regarding camera setup and logistics. We will go for the first afternoon game drive and learn techniques for take beautiful wildlife images and animal behaviour and return to the camp at dusk. We will get ready and share our images for an image review session. We will head for dinner and call it a day.
Day 3-6: AM & PM safaris with image reviews and photography tuitions.
Day 7: After our morning game drive, we will have breakfast and check out from the camp and take small flight back to to Nairobi.
We will drop you to the Nairobi airport or Hotel of your choice for your onward journey. The tour concludes here. You may stay an additional night in Nairobi (at your own expenses).
After Safari Support :
Even after the photo safari, you would be able to send us your images for review or consult by email or phone calls. There are no charges for that.
Where will we stay at Masai Mara?
We will stay at a Porini Lion Camp which is located in the exclusive 33,000 acre Olare Motorogi Conservancy. Our camp is located at very close distance from the park boundary. The camp has all the amenities to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. For some additional cost, you may request a tent for yourself. This will give your complete privacy during your stay at the resort.The camp has wifi and also charging point for your electronic devices as well as cameras.
INDIAN Food: We will be serving Indian food. We will cater for Pure Vegetarians as well as for participants with dietary requirements (Gluten free/ Vegan / Jain etc). The camp chefs are famous for preparing mouth watering dishes and snacks.
You may take a virtual tour of the camp here.
What is included in the cost:
- Pickup from Nairobi Airport
- Transfer to our 5 star Hotel at Nairobi Hotel
- Flight from Nairobi to Masai Mara.
- Tented accommodation at Masai Mara
- All meals (Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners, & Early morning Tea)
- Mineral water bottles during safaris and throughout the stay.
- Safari permits & Safari vehicles.
- Guide Fees, Camera Fees & other applicable fees to enter the national park.
- Wildlife Photography Tuition during the safari and throughout the day.
- Image review sessions every evening and feedback.
- Flight from Masai Mara to Nairobi Airport.
Cost of Masai Mara Photography Safari:
The cost of all inclusive photography Safaris is INR per person for Indian residents. Foreign Nationals, please get in touch for competitive rates. For an additional INR you can stay for 6 extra night with us and get 10% discount on your entire stay.
50% booking amount is payable at the time of booking and rest 50% is payable 60 days before the safari date.
What are the Extras:
- International flights to and from your city to Nairobi, Kenya.
- Kenyan Tourist Visa : Costs about US $50 – Can be applied online or visa on arrival for Indian passport holders.
- Extra 6 Night : For an additional INR you can stay for 6 extra night with us and get 10% discount on your entire stay.
- Personal expenses, phone calls, souvenirs etc.
- Optional Hot air ballon ride with Champagne breakfast over Masai Mara.
- Optional visit to the Masai village to learn more about their lifestyle and culture.
About the Photography Tour Leader:
Perhaps the most important aspect of a photographic safari is your leader. All our photography tours are personally hosted and lead by Nilesh & Nikhil Rathod.
Nilesh is a freelance wildlife photographer and an experienced photography mentor. Nilesh is fluent in English, Hindi and Marathi languages. Nilesh & Nikhil uses Canon as well as Nikon gear and explains photographic concepts in ways which are easy to understand and practice. Nilesh and Nikhil have been to the Masai Mara several times now and understand the animal behaviour very well.
Apart from organising your wildlife photography trips, Nilesh will accompany you to your destinations, share his knowledge of wildlife. They will also provide expert tips on wildlife/nature photography and post processing.
Recommended Camera Gear:
We have made recommendation on choosing camera lenses for wildlife photography. We also have a detailed post on choosing DSLR camera body for wildlife photography. Please check these posts if you are making a purchasing decision, however for this photographic safari, you can bring the Camera/ Lenses available to you. (ideally any DSLR camera body with at least 200mm lens).
You may also avail lens & camera rentals from us for the duration of your Masai Mara Photography Safari. We have some Canon as well as Nikon Lenses and Camera Bodies available to rent. Please see the lens rental details.
For booking or questions:
Please send your email by using form below or call us on +91 866 v874 2654