Bandhavgarh Wildlife Photography Safaris
3 Nights & 6 Safaris at Bandhavgarh National Park with Wildlife Photography & Post processing tuition included.
Is this Bandhavgarh Wildlife Photography Safari for you?
- Participant of all level are welcome, right from absolute beginners to advanced photography professionals.
- We encourage participants to be interactive and ask lots of questions to improve their own photography.
- Only 4 participants in each vehicle so that there is enough space for photography.
- Maximum 8 participant in a group to ensure individual attention to each one of you.
- As much time possible will be spent in the field and increase chances of getting better pictures.
- Photography concepts and techniques will be shared in non-technical and easy to understand language.
- We aim to take quality photos of variety of wildlife(including reptiles, birds, herbivorous and carnivorous animals)
- Non-photographer but nature/ animal lover partner will enjoy observing animals in their natural habitat.
What would you learn in this photographic wildlife safari?
- Camera Setup for wildlife Photography
- Basic and Advanced Photographic concepts
- Aperture/Shutter speed and Manual Mode shooting
- Technical aspects of wildlife photography (Aperture/Shutter Speed/ISO/White Balance/Exposure Compensation/Metering Modes)
- Rules of composition and when/how to break them
- Wildlife Photography as Art
- Diversification of image portfolio
- When to underexpose/ When to overexpose? (18% Grey)
- Visual Storytelling
Post processing with Adobe Lightroom
- RAW file processing
- Noise Reduction, Sharpening, Spot removals
- Color Management
- Cropping as compositional tool
- Creating Panoramic Wildscapes
- Images for Social/Web sharing
- Dealing with underexposed/overexposed images.
- Storage Management
Bandhavgarh National Park is one of the finest wildlife destination for animal as well as bird lovers and photographers alike. There are Tigers, Leopards, Bisons, Wild Dogs (Dhole), Langurs, Spotted Deers, Sambar Deers, Crocodiles, Sloth Bears & various reptiles. The birdlife in Bandhavgarh makes it a dream come true to for capturing images of Oriental Honey Buzzard, Indian Pitta, Woodpeckers, Grey Hornbills, Malabar Pied Hornbills and lot more.
Day 1 : We will pick you up from Jabalpur Airport /Railway station. At 5pm sharp, we will make our way to Bandhavgarh. It takes about three hours by road. We will reach our resort and settle in our respective rooms. We will gather for a half an hour briefing regarding camera setup and logistics.
Day 2 & Day 3 : We will meet at the resort reception and have a light snack + Tea /Coffee. We will then be picked up by our driver. We will go for the morning drive and learn techniques for take beautiful wildlife images and animal behaviour. We will come back from the morning game drive and after getting ready, we will go for a post processing session with Adobe Lightroom. After the session, we will have lunch at about 1.30PM. After lunch, we will have an hour to take question from participants.
In the afternoon, we will head for our afternoon safari and return to the resort at dusk. We will get ready and share our images for an image review session. We will head for dinner and call it a day.
Day 4: After our morning game drive, we will have lunch and check out from the resort (leaving luggage safe with the resort concierge). After the PM game drive, we would freshen up and collect our luggage and head to Jabalpur.
We will drop you to the Jabalpur airport/ rly station for your onward journey. The tour concludes here. You may stay an additional night in Jabalpur (at your own expenses).
After Safari Support :
Even after the photo safari, you would be able to send us your images for review or consult by email or phone calls. There are no charges for that.
Where will we stay at Bandhavgarh?
We will stay at a luxury air conditioned resort at Bandhavgarh National Park. Our resort is located at very close distance from Tiger Reserve gates. The resort has all the modern amenities to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. For some additional cost, you may request a room for yourself. This will give your complete privacy during your stay at the resort. The resort chefs are famous for preparing mouth watering dishes and snacks.
What is included in the cost:
- Pickup from Jabalpur City (anywhere from Airport/Railway Station)
- SUV /Innova transfer to our Resort at Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve and back to Jabalpur (No extra charges)
- Luxury accommodation at Bandhavgarh
- All meals (Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners, & Early morning Tea/Coffee)
- Mineral water bottles during safaris and throughout the stay.
- Safari permits & Safari vehicles.
- Guide Fees, Camera Fees & other applicable fees to enter the national park.
- Wildlife Photography Tuition during the safari and throughout the day.
- Image review sessions every evening and feedback.
- Transfer from Bandhavgarh to Jabalpur city (Airport/Railway Station)
Cost of Bandhavgarh Photography Safari:
The cost of all inclusive photography Safaris is INR 39,999 per person for Indian residents. Foreign Nationals, please get in touch for competitive rates. For two people booking together (eg. a Couple or Group of friends) there would be a 10% discount available to each one of you. (So rates for couple booking this tour is INR 71,998 instead of INR 79,998)
50% booking amount is payable at the time of booking and rest 50% is payable 60 days before the safari date.
Note: As you may be aware that the National park entry permits sell out quickly, we encourage you to get in touch as soon as you can so that we can secure entry permits for you. To book the permits, we will need your full name, city and govt issued identification number (driving licence/passport/PAN card/ Aadhar card etc). This is the requirement criteria set for online booking by forest department.
What are the Extras:
- Extra Night & 2 safaris: For an additional INR 10,000, you can stay for an extra night and next day, you can enjoy 2 extra game drive with us.
- Personal expenses, phone calls, souvenirs etc.
About the Photography Tour Leader:
Perhaps the most important aspect of a photographic safari is your leader. All our photography tours are personally hosted and lead by Nilesh & Nikhil Rathod.
Nilesh is a freelance wildlife photographer and an experienced photography mentor. Nilesh is fluent in English, Hindi and Marathi languages. Nilesh & Nikhil uses Canon as well as Nikon gear and explains photographic concepts in ways which are easy to understand and practice. Nilesh and Nikhil have conducted wildlife photographic safaris in Masai Mara as well as all over India.
Apart from organising your wildlife photography trips, Nilesh will accompany you to your destinations, share his knowledge of wildlife. They will also provide expert tips on wildlife/nature photography and post processing.
Recommended Camera Gear:
We have made recommendation on choosing camera lenses for wildlife photography. We also have a detailed post on choosing DSLR camera body for wildlife photography. Please check these posts if you are making a purchasing decision, however for this photographic safari, you can bring the Camera/ Lenses available to you. (ideally any DSLR camera body with at least 200mm lens).
You may also avail lens & camera rentals from us for the duration of your Bandhavgarh Photography Safari. We have some Canon as well as Nikon Lenses and Camera Bodies available to rent. Please see the lens rental details.
For booking or questions:
Please send your email by using form below or call us on +91 866 874 2654